Tuesday, May 11, 2010

What a Great Birthday

I think I just had the best birthday celebration of my life last Saturday!! My "plans" had been -- attend Men's Bible Study at Denton Bible Church 8 am to noon, then lunch with Debbie, JD, Kendra and their boys, then out shopping. It started off as planned, but changed quickly when we went to lunch.

JD went to the Bible Study with me, which I thought was really great! When we headed home to meet Debbie, Kendra and the boys, I was surprised to learn they were already at Rudy's BBQ waiting for us. So we headed that way.

Arriving at Rudy's, Debbie met me out front and led me to the back room where a lot of precious people were waiting: In addition to JD, Kendra and the boys, I saw Travis, Sandra, Andrew and Mikayla. Then I saw Jamie and Alli. Next to them were two precious ladies from our days at Liberty in Enid OK -- Karen Mah Krinzer and her sister Debbie, both of whom now live in the DFW area. I hadn't seen Debbie in over 25 years!




Then I looked up and saw David and Derek coming in! I had believed all of David's Facebook stories about their plans for the weekend and thought they were having a great weekend in Bogota -- but there he was. He and Derek had been waiting outside.


When it was time for me to blow out the candles on my birthday cake, Grandson Ryan was right there ready to help Grandpa get the fire out.

WOW!! What a great day! No one has ever pulled off a real SURPRISE party for me. Until today. And it really worked this time.

I am so blessed!!

No comments: